National Cadet Corp
Sanction is accorded for raising of NCC sub unit with two platoons of Senior Division (Boys) and Senior Wing (Girls) consisting of 107 number of cadets to Shri. S. H. Kelkar College, Devgad under 58 MAH BN NCC, Sindhudurg from academic year 2019.
The aims of NCC are mainly three-fold:-
(a) To develop following qualities in the cadets:-
• Secular Outlook.
• Spirit of Adventure.
• Ideals of selfless service.
(b) To create a human resource of organised, trained and motivated youth, to provide
leadership in all walks of life who will serve the nation regardless of which career they
(c) To provide an environment conducive to motivating young Indians to choose the
Armed Forces as a career.
In line with the aims of NCC, cadets undergo organized training. Institutional traiining is imparted to cadets on college campus by ANO Lt. Dr. Sunetra Dhere, CTO Mr. Prasad Malvankar and PI staff from battalion. Also, camp training is given at camp sites during Annual Training Camp. The training consists of study of National Integration, Social Service, Weapon training, drill, personality development, health and hygiene, Disaster management etc.
NCC cadets enthusiastically participate in variety of activities such as Puneet Sagar Mission, Tree Plantation, Cycle rally, Fit India freedom run, Swacch Bharat Abhiyan, Plogging etc.
Academic year 2016-17:
• Two students of our college who belonged to open quota unit of Naval NCC Cdt. Atish Chavan and Cdt. Virendra Kumathekar were selected from Maharashtra state for National Marching on the occasion of Republic Day 2016-17.
Academic year 2020-21:
• SUO Rushikesh Shinde participated in SSB training capsule organized by Maharashtra Directorate during 25 October to 31 October, 2021
• JUO Dipak Varak represented Devgad College at Sardar Patel Narmada Trek, a national level trekking camp, from 27 November to 4 December, 2021.
• Sgt Mukta Paranjape represented Battalion in National level Ek Bharat Shresht Bharat (EBSB) Camp during 23 August to 28 August 2021.