As per the University and Supreme Court guidelines arising out of Vishaka Judgement of 1997 College Women’s Development Cell (CWDC) was set up in 2001 in College. CWDC
Aims and objectives of CWDC are:
- To prevent sexual harassment and to promote the general well being of female students, teaching and non- teaching women staff of the college.
- To provide appropriate working environment in the institute.
- To provide guidelines for the redressal of the grievances related sexual harassment of female students, teaching and non- teaching women staff of the college.
- To create social awareness about problems of women and particularly regarding gender discrimination.
- To organize seminars and workshops at college level for the creation of general awareness for the orientation of students, teachers and non- teaching staff for their active and sustained participation in the activities of the cell.
- To organize various types of training programs and self employment schemes for the encouragement of self-reliance among women.
Following activities are conducted by CWDC
- Organization of gender sensatisation workshop
- Organization of self employment workshop
- Health awareness program
- Organization of awareness programs for entire institute on Sexual harassment of women at workplace Act 2013 and UGC Amendment 2016
- Social awareness Program